We are a small, conscientious, family-run breeding program. We raise AKC Bernese Mountain Dogs of excellent health, appearance, structure and temperaments. We specialize in extra-large, blocky-head, wide-blazed pups. All of our Berners are AKC registered, OFA certified for sound hips & elbows, have undergone genetic screening/health clearances for their eyes (CERF), Von Willebrand Disease and Degenerative Myelopathy and are up-to-date on their vaccines and vet checks. We have 2 females and 1 male. We raise 1-2 litters per year as each of our females has about one litter per year. You can see pictures and read more about each of our Berners by clicking on the "Our Berners" tab at the top of the page. We put a tremendous amount of effort into studying the pedigrees, genetics, health & temperaments of our Berners to better the breed by carefully selecting good breeding pairs to maximize family strengths and minimize family weaknesses. This is all to assure the offspring represent the highest standard of the breed as determined by the American Kennel Club Standard for the Bernese Mountain Dog.
**NOTE: All puppies are sold as pets with a spay/neuter contract, as all responsible breeders require**
Our puppies are all extremely well socialized and have been raised with a large amount of child interaction. We have four young children who can't get enough of the dogs and puppies and we strongly believe there is no better family pet than a Bernese Mountain Dog. Our puppies all come vet checked with their dew claws removed, de-wormed, with their first vaccines and micro-chipped.
Puppy Adoption Process:
1. Submit a New Puppy Application. Before puppies arrive or are old enough to be visited, we will conduct a Wait List based on the order we receive applications. There is no obligation or deposit to be on the wait-list, just the application.
2. Meet the puppies and place a hold with a $500 deposit. Beginning at 4 weeks of age, we will allow families to come meet and select their puppy. We give priority selection to families on the wait-list. They have the first opportunity to meet and select the pups. Families on the wait-list must schedule a time to come meet the puppies between 4-5 weeks old in order to retain their place on the wait-list. After the first week of visits, holds are placed on a first-come first-serve basis and the wait-list no longer holds priority. Deposits ARE transferable, but ARE NOT refundable for any reason. Families have the option to switch their deposit to another available puppy or opt to wait for a future litter at any point between placing their deposit and picking up their puppy. Topp Dog will provide information regarding temperament of the puppy and expected adult size based on their observations. However, we make no guarantees concerning the ongoing temperament of a puppy or their adult size as we cannot perfectly predict the future and several factors will influence those as the puppy is raised.
3. Puppy updates and visits. We will update the website with new photos and weights at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks of age. The puppies can be selected beginning at 4 weeks. Families are invited to visit their puppy again at 6 weeks and puppies will be ready to go home at 8 weeks.
4. Puppy Pick-Up. Puppies are ready to go home at 8 weeks of age. They will have had their dew claws removed, be de-wormed and microchipped and will have received their first round of vaccines upon pick-up. Topp Dog will provide each family with a New Puppy Packet containing their AKC Registration form, microchip information, vaccine record as well as a small baggie of food to use to gradually introduce the puppy to their new food (if applicable). We are also able to have a 33 pound bag of the dry puppy kibble we use (Fromm’s Large Breed Puppy Gold) ready for you upon pick-up for an additional $45. If you would like a bag(s), please let us know at least 1 week prior to pick-up so we can order it in time. For more information about the kibble we use including ingredients and daily feeding recommendations, please view the following website: http://frommfamily.com/products/gold/dog/dry/large-breed-puppy-gold
5. Lifetime Support. Topp Dog is here for you for the life of your Berner. Should you have any questions, concerns or comments (we love pictures too!) please don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, we will always take back one of our BMD puppies if he/she is unable to remain with a family for any reason.